Professional Certification is intended for people with a basic knowledge of equality, diversity and human rights who spend some of their time working in the equality area, either in a paid or voluntary capacity. For example, equality work may be just one part of a wider job description, or their main area of expertise may be confined to just one of the protected characteristics. Click here for a leaflet with further details: Accreditation leaflet 2015.
Professional Certification is through assessment of prior learning and experience. In order to gain Professional Certification you will need to produce tangible evidence of equality good practice.
Professional Certification brings the following benefits:
- Receiving a certificate of accreditation
- Gaining peer recognition as an equality and diversity professional
- Improving your prospects and employability
- Improving your organisational development and change skills to help your organisation diversify its market and customer base
- Strengthening your bids for public contracts and grants
- Improving your confidence and competence
- Being part of a recognised and regulated profession
To apply for professional certification, email an Expression of Interest form to the IEDP office. Click here for the IEDP Expression of Interest form