Date And Time
Thu, 11 July 2019
10:30 – 12:30 BST
Room 21, Events Centre
32 Russell Square
About this Event
The leadership expert Peter Drucker famously said “culture eats strategy for breakfast” and we know that if businesses want to benefit from the diversity dividend then they need a relentless focus on creating a culture of inclusion where everybody can thrive. We will be discussing practical ways businesses can create an inclusive culture. This is our topic of discussion at this Nonagon Strategy Table**.
Who is this event for?
- Senior business leaders and custodians of your businesses culture
- HR Directors
- Diversity & Inclusion Managers
- Diversity Network Leaders
What is a Nonagon** Strategy Table?
You’ve probably heard of roundtables by now -- they’re commonplace in business -- but I bet you’ve not heard of Nonagon Tables yet. It’s fresh. A brand new learning experience for business professionals.
A Nonagon (a 9 sided shape or table) is where lively conversation takes place, where you’ll feel truly listened to and leave the table with practical actions to improve a culture of inclusion back at your own workplace. You’ll also make great connections to add to your professional network.
Why Nonagon? Just as there are 9 protected characteristics (in the Equality Act) we want to ensure that everybody has a voice at the table. This allows us to learn from each other, hear fresh perspectives, create unique ideas, and devise ways that everybody -- regardless of background -- can thrive in the workplace.
How does it work?
- You’ll be asked to complete a simple diversity questionnaire when you register. You can keep this to yourself or wear a badge if you want to! It’s your choice. We want to ensure that we have a diversity of perspectives around the table.
- On the morning of the event you’ll be emailed a random word to spark creativity and ideas for the conversation.
- You will receive a free copy of a personally recommended book to spark further ideas.
- Our unique methodology during the conversation gives everybody airtime, you will feel truly listened to and you will experience thinking quality and space that you don’t normally get.
- You’ll leave the conversation with a quick and easy 9-step action plan (it is a Nonagon afterall) to implement your key ideas from the event.
- Finally, every time you attend an event you collect points, which earns you prizes! If you collect enough points you could have a free coaching session, coffee card or a free dinner.
About Toby Mildon, Diversity & Inclusion Architect
Toby empowers companies to be more inclusive of the diverse UK talent pool and breadth of human experience by reengineering business processes and addressing cultural barriers. Toby was formerly Culture & Inclusion Manager for Deloitte and the BBC and is a qualified Executive Coach and NLP Practitioner with Neuroscience. Toby has over a decade of management experience on international projects at BA, Accenture, Cerner/NHS and the BBC. Toby’s also a D&I thought leader speaking frequently at conferences and in publications.