Union Jack Club
Building on the momentum and the #trumutiny movement, #truInclusion is a brand new unconference event focused on inclusion and belonging, inspired by Joanne Lockwood, Founder and CEO of SEE Change Happen.
Who is it for? - It is for everyone, be you an HR professional, a D&I practitioners, a vendors wanting showcase or promote some tech, or maybe an innovation to build, measure or track inclusive behaviour, or simply that you are someone that wants to join in a conversation and have a voice. It is envisaged that every topic and conversation is intersectional and not focused on one particular element or group, and we want to move the conversations on from simple protected characteristics and look at challenges faced by all people in the workplace.
#truInclusion is not going to be like every other diversity conference you have been to – everyone or anyone can host a track, whether you are C-Level or a passionate person with a question or message to spread.
#truInclusion is about amplifying what looks great, sharing ideas and opening up discussions.
If you have been to a #tru event before, you know what to expect. If you haven't, here is an outline of what will happen on the day:
As always, we don't want cost to exclude anyone. That means tickets are by donation. Please bare in mind that we are paying for venues, entertainment, lunch and dinner, coffee and a whole lot more when you make donations. Attendance is capped at 150. The average donation for those who ask, is £60 for participants and £150 for Show & Tell. Of course we welcome more if you can afford it, and if you can't, give what you can.
I know this will be a great day for our first ever #truinclusion.
Accessibility is important to us, Diversity & Inclusion not just as a topic. If you have ANY requirements let us know and we will do everything we can to make your experience a good one.
- Tracks run for 30 minutes, hosted by a track leader with a passion for the topic under discussion.
- There are no formal presentations or PowerPoint. Track leaders start the discussion and see where it leads. Anyone and Everyone can contribute.
- There will be around 4 tracks running simultaneously. No need to sit around board, plus the show and tell sessions.
- We will publish a running order before the event, so you know what is going on. Anyone can host a track. If this is for you, order a track leader ticket and e-mail the topic. We will schedule you in.
- Anyone can attend regardless of your occupation or job title. We believe everyone has something to contribute.
- Tech companies and Solution Vendors can take part in "show & tell" by ordering a show & tell ticket and mailing a product description.
- Show & Tell sessions last for 20 minutes on a strict clock.
- There is no dress code.